Pulling feeling on scalp
Last week (tuesday)  I was sick with a variation of the flu (or at least how it felt with the hot cold sweats) with that I also had a slight ear ache on my left side. For the flu I was drinking Neo-Citron and Advil Flu (with migraine) as I also did have a migraine when I was sick.
This last 3 days. By Friday I was better. Sunday night I noticed on the left side of my scalp top back a sensation that was irritating to me. It doesnt come and go while I just sit in one spot rather when I twist my neck slightly to the left and back when it is touched it hurts but not severely. Once in awhile when I am walking I will feel the pulling. Almost feels as though I have had my hair up in a pony tail for far to long.

I  have been reading different things on here and while some match others don't so I thought it be better that I just post for myself!
I don't know if you laid in bed too long, or if you have build up on your scalp or what, but to get your scalp really clean, try shampoo with Neem oil in it.  It is great.  
The pain is what can be described as an electric shock that only lasts seconds. And feels like my hair has been pulled back in elastic for far to long and far to tight.
Did you ever find out what this was? I have been experiencing this for a month now.  Exactly that feeling like when you take your hair down from a pony tail.  On top left side of my scalp.  Please respond.