Neurology Community
Pulsating Pain on right-side of my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pulsating Pain on right-side of my head

I have this odd headache that is triggered by sudden movement. The pulsating pain is only on occurring on my right temple. I had this pain for 3 days now and it seems not to subside at all. Its kind of odd because if Im laying down or sitting still, it would not hurt at all. But if I stood up quickly from laying down, the pain attacks and is really unbearable. My head was hurting so bad one time, I almost fainted. Please advice.  
Hi.  This can be a manifestation of migraine which is commonly induced by stressful situations.  However, there is a condition called temporal arteritis, which presents with similar symptoms.  Temporal arteritis presents with localized pulsating headache, and is diagnosed through biopsy of the temporal artery.  In this condition, the walls of the arteries becomes inflammed and causes all these pain.  
Avatar n tn
I had a stabbing pain in my right temple yesterday that began in the morning. The pain would streak behind my right eye and force it to close starting in my temple area then go away. By the time I got home I was weak, sick to my stomach and a lump began to form on my right temple. It also caused a general tightness in my jaw, back of ear and eye. It feels l was stabbed. the pain that shoots behind my ear closes my right eye.... any suggestions?
Avatar n tn
If you feel pain on one side of you head. you might want to go check out the dentist to get that out the way. You might have a bad tooth and that could be the cause of you headaches and neck pain and also your ear. have that checked out before you go off thinking its something worse. I myself  had 4 months of pain and i am suffer from migraines for about 11 years now and all those 3 months i thought it was a very bad migraine, I would wake up with it and go to sleep with the pain sometimes i would even be able to sleep unless i had an ice pack on my head wrapped around a towel. but then i went to the dentist for my check up and turns out i had a tooth that needed a root canal and well i had asked my dentist about the pain i have been receiving she said it might be cause of the infected tooth, so i went ahead and took care of that and i couldnt believe it my pain dissapeared i was so happy. So please make sure you guys go see your dentist before you decide to treat it with all these meds. From one sufferer to another i hope you guys feel better soon.

Rosy
Avatar n tn
I,ve been feeling a sharp pulsating pain on the top of my head a little to the left. i thought i would just go away but after 5 days its actually pulsating more often and I'm feeling really tired and agitated. can anyone help
I'm 17 and I have really severe and unbearable pain in my left temple whenever I move my head or stand up, the pain is always there, it isn't so much a sharp pain it is a pressure sort of feeling, when I'm not moving there is a slight big of pressure on my temple but when I move or turn my head the pain becomes unbearable and my left eye feels as if it won't open properly, it is making me feel weak and very tired, does anyone know what this is? Please help!
but here is a question, do u want tell me that u had been living with that pain for all these years without encountering one localised pain around the tooth > I bit that would have helped u too long earlier