Neurology Community
Pulsating pressure in my head with lightheadedness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been having episodes of what feels like pulsating pressure in my head that will last for several seconds (over the past few weeks). During the most recent episode I almost passed out. I don't notice any increased heart rate or other symptoms during these episodes. Any idea what is wrong?
Hi do you get this feeling upon standing after sitting for a while? I get similar symptoms if I have been sitting for a while and stand(especially after being in the car), I get pressure rushing to my head then get a pulsating whooshing noise in my ears, I also get dizzy spells(I have passed out once), I saw my neuro on Friday and he wants me to see a cardiologist as he is sure my blood pressure is fluctuating and I will get a tilt table test done, if I was you I would see your GP I am not saying that this is the problem but better to get it checked out hope this has been of some help...........tc.......................Marie  
Avatar n tn
Thanks so much for your response. Yes, the last episode happened when I got out of my car and went in the grocery store.(I wonder what it is about being in the car) It pretty much forces you to freeze in your tracks b/c the pressure is so great. I have an appt scheduled later this week with my primary care physician and will share your comments. Thanks again!
Hi I would interested to know what your doc says if you don't mind posting about his dx hope things go well for you...........tc..........Marie
Avatar n tn
I will certainly follow up. Also hope things go well w/you at the cardiologist.
Avatar n tn
Saw my dr yesterday. She did extensive bloodwork (follow up appt on 8/27) and said based on how that turns out, I might have a cat scan. She would like for me to buy a blood pressure kit to hopefully be able to check it during one of these episodes. Said tilt table test is usually for those who have had repeated episodes of passing out; since I only came close, she's not going to refer me for that yet.
Hi, Thanks for posting your consultation with your doc, firstly not sure what all the bloodwork will be for, but certainly the heart, my neuro is sending me to see a cardiologist I have not had repeated episodes of passing out(only the one) only thing I can think of is I have a very rare neurological condition that attacks my autonomic system maybe that is why my neuro is arranging for me to get the tilt table test done. I take it you told your doc about the car episoide and between that and other episodes  that is why she is suggesting the blood pressure kit. Let me know how things go for you, keep me posted if you need to chat anytime drop me a line................tc....Marie
Avatar n tn
Honestly, I'm not sure what all she is checking with the bloodwork. I have a tendency to not ask enough questions during doctor's appts. :-) I haven't gotten a blood pressure kit yet....wish I had b/c I had another "episode" yesterday, not as serious as the last one. When is your tilt table test? I'd love to hear how that goes. Regards, Darci