Neurology Community
Puncture Wound in Hand w/nerve damage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Puncture Wound in Hand w/nerve damage

I have a puncture wound on my right hand from breaking glass, and my little finger and the one next to it went numb only on the sides I am able to move them just lost feeling in a certain area around them. Is been 2 weeks since the wound and now i'm feeling more pain around the area of the 2 numb fingers. when I rub on it feels like an uncomfortable burning sensation, almost like when you get a burn and rub it softly, and it still hurts. My doc said i had a nerve damage and is going to take some time to regenerate and recover, I don't know how long though, I'm going crazy because I can't really go to the gym and work out anymore and I'm wondering if I do decide to go to the gym will I be obstructing the regeneration of the nerve? or if I'm going to make it worse? I'm willing to suck up the pain in the hand at the gym, but I want to know if it's safe? Thanks in advance!