Puncture Wound in Hand w/nerve damage
I have a puncture wound on my right hand from breaking glass, and my little finger and the one next to it went numb only on the sides I am able to move them just lost feeling in a certain area around them. Is been 2 weeks since the wound and now i'm feeling more pain around the area of the 2 numb fingers. when I rub on it feels like an uncomfortable burning sensation, almost like when you get a burn and rub it softly, and it still hurts. My doc said i had a nerve damage and is going to take some time to regenerate and recover, I don't know how long though, I'm going crazy because I can't really go to the gym and work out anymore and I'm wondering if I do decide to go to the gym will I be obstructing the regeneration of the nerve? or if I'm going to make it worse? I'm willing to suck up the pain in the hand at the gym, but I want to know if it's safe? Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem due to a puncture wound on the very left side of my left palm (if the hand is facing downward) which also severed an artery. my pinky is half numb. My Dr. told me the same thing, and also said I should not work (construction) or use my left hand excessively. I also have a shooting pain up my arm toward my hand if I rotate my arm the wrong way. do you have this as well?