Question, my left leg feels like sunburn
Question, on the back side of my left leg, from butt to back of knee, I have had this feeling like its been sunburned. This is the second time it has happened. Other time was month ago. Also you should know that I have gotten herpes three months ago if that has anything to do with it. I have had this for a week now, started off slow, got real bad in two days and now seems to be going away. but still feels num and like sunburned feeling
Am i asking in the right place. I was at my dermatologist today and he did not no. Said it was some nurology issue
Hi there. This is most probably post herpetic neuralgia or persistent nerve pain due to shingles. Shingles is caused by herpes-varicella zoster virus and is an infection of a nerve and the area of skin around it. If the pain caused by shingles continues after shingles is over within few weeks, this is called post herpetic neuralgia. The incidence is more common in elderly and is seen in about one fifth. The nerve damage caused by shingles disrupts the proper functioning of the nerve. The faulty nerve becomes confused and sends random signals to the brain felt as a throbbing and burning pain along the nerve. If you had herpes infection behind the leg, itself this could be the reason for the sunburn like sensation. You might be having sharp, burning pain, extremely sensitive to touch, and temperature change. Treatment will depend on the type of pain. This includes anti depressants like serotonin or norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants, anticonvulsants, pain killers like tramadol, TENS, spinal cord or peripheral nerve stimulation. Lidocaine skin patches are available to relieve itching, burning etc. Consult a neurologist at the earliest. Hope this helps. Take care.

I have not had out break on my leg, I am also starting Valtrix daily. Will this go away on its own? do I need to treat it? what if I do nothing about it?  And also my age is 52. The pain is not real bad but I can live okay with it. I just dont want to neglect it and in a year some doctor tell me its too late should have been here a year ago. When the valtrex is started will it help go away and to keep it from coming back? I mentioned I got herpes three months ago just in case. Is my leg  issue and the herpes issue together common? or just came at about same time?
And thank you, finally an answer that makes sense to me.
Will this go away on its own, I am taking valtrax will that help. I'm 52