Questions regarding ACTH pituitary adenoma
I have a pituitary adenoma believed to producing ACTH based on a variety of other symptoms and blood work. According to MRI report it is 10X9X9 mm.  

Also, I am seeing a neurosurgeon on 1/8 and trying to assemble questions, but also doing some realistic planning.  Here are my questions that I'm trying to figure out while I wait for appt:
1. Is this a microadenoma? I've hear 10mm as the cutoff point, but I don't know how the other x9x9 measurements figure into it.
2. Is this something that can wait till summer? I'm in nursing school, and semester starts up again January 14? (There is no mass effect, no cerebral edema. The most significant issue is a high ACTH level which is messing up Type 1 DM, but is being managed reasonably well).
3.  What are good questions to ask to gain an understanding of a surgeon's experience level?

Thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You can ask, post surgery what problems are likely to occur. And if your doctor lists the problems, then in what percentage of patients the problems occur. How long/how should the problems be resolved. If the adenoma is not causing any pressure effects and if the ACTH levels are being managed well, your surgeon may prefer to wait and watch.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks very much. Appreciate your response.