Quick lightning bolt spasms in the head?
Hey everybody, every once in a while, I get these random spasms in my head on the right side mainly. The best way to describe them is that they feel like a lightning bolt zapping through my head. It's very quick, maybe 10-20 seconds but it hurts a lot.

They happen very randomly, not like every day, I can't guarantee when it'll happen but it hurts when it does and all I can do is put my fingers to my head and close my eyes and wait til it's over.

I'm a 16 year old girl. I've looked up as much as I could about these "lightning spasms", but most of what I found say it's an effect of some sorts of medication or going off it, but I don't use any medication so I don't know how I get them.

They're not in the way of daily life, it's just annoying and it's hard when I get them in school because I can't focus while they're happening. They aren't that bad but it's just weird. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while. Maybe once a day or once every few days? I can't keep track because they're so quick and gone immediately

Oh also, I just had a guess that it might be because of a fall I took last year on ice. In January 2011, I slipped on ice and my face hit the ice covered concrete. I had a really deep gash right above my right eyebrow and went to the hospital where they declared it a laceration and I got 11 stitches. After that, I'd get bad headaches. Also a few months later I actually ended up getting glasses so I'm pretty sure that all relates to each other. I guess I got nerve damage from hitting my head. Nobody said that my getting glasses and headaches randomly would have been the effects of the fall but now that I think about it, that's probably it.

Can anybody help me out here? Any advice? Thanks!
Over the years I have had the same  symptoms.  I have had trygeminal neuralgia in the past.  I know what you mean about the sudden pain.  It makes me cringe.  Ice pack has helped.  I have always assumed a stressed muscle or nerve acting up.  Massaging and ice pack helps.  Hope this serves you!  

Mark R.  Lancaster,OH