RSD
I am suffering with RSD in my L leg.diagnosed January 2007 with bone scan.  I was wondering if anyone else on the forum also has RSD and could tell me their symptoms. I know that RSD affects people differently so I was wondering how different the symptoms are.
I have RSD and have had it for 3 years. My symptoms are burning, stabbing, and sharp pain. It started in my left leg and has spread to my right leg and both arms. My left foot turns bluish, red or spotted colors. My pain is so intense I just got taken off of Morphine and have been put on Opana ER. It is a new drug to the US but has been in Europe for approx. 20 years.I suffer from depression, post traumatic stress disorder,and anxiety. The easiest way to describe the pain is like someone is in my legs with something really hot and it also feels like someone is ripping the meat away from my bones. I hope this helps somewhat if I can be of further assistance let me know.

May God bless you and keep you safe,

Michelle  
First off sorry to hear you have been diognosed with rsd.
i have had it in my right leg for since oct 2001 i have burning, stabbing and sometimes it feels like my foot it going to snap.
my leg goes bluish/purpleish and i also like michelle have spotted colours.
i have had 8  nerve blocks but none have been sucsessful.
i like in the uk where this is not known much about, now after nearly 8 years of treatment ive been told theres nothing more they can do for me, where as if i lived in us there are loads more options of treatment.
forgot to mention i have over 30 muscle spasms a day too.
if you ever want to talk, discuss symptoms etc im hear
Angie

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) is chronic, painful, and progressive neurological condition that affects skin, muscles, joints, and bones.
Symptoms include burning pain, increased skin sensitivity, skin temperature changes (warmer or cooler than opposing extremity) ,changes in nail and hair, stiffness and swelling in affected joints, ability to move affected extremity etc.
Treatment can include physical therapy and exercise, psychotherapy, nerve blocks, medications including anti-seizure drugs, antidepressants, and corticosteroids.

Regards.
I have had rsd  since 1995  nobody knew what it was  my Left knee lower leg now in right elbow  right foot  nothing but pain meds  soma  hurts too bad  hard to work sometimes  may god bless you