Neurology Community
Random Adrenaline Jolts...?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random Adrenaline Jolts...?

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but my latest doc suspected it might be neurological so hopefully this thread can help me out...

I'm a 22 year old female, in decent shape and moderately decent health. Out of nowhere a few weeks ago, I began experiencing what felt like random jolts of adrenaline. It usually occurs when I'm laying down and completely relaxed (like when I watch TV, read, or try to fall asleep), but it has happened while walking and standing still. Sometimes I get a slight uneasy feeling right before it happens, and other times it will occur without any warning. I felt a rush in my head and a pound in my heart, and my entire body convulses for a second, and I can feel the tingly adrenaline course down my limbs and into my fingers and toes. I also get pretty dizzy for a minute afterwards. Each episode is only a second or two long, and they often happen multiple times per day.

I do have anxiety, but this feels very different from an anxiety attack, and I'm not under any abnormal amounts of stress. And like I said, it usually happens when I'm totally relaxed--plus, my doctor doesn't think it's anxiety-related.

I went to a cardiologist and he did an ECG and 48 hour holtor monitor--both of which yielded normal results. I had blood work done which failed to show any signs of blood sugar or thyroid problems.

I find it also important to note that I've always had low blood pressure, and I have trouble standing up quickly after sitting or laying down. And sometimes when I move my arms above my head, my vision starts to black out and I get lightheaded. But doctors have never seemed too concerned about this.

Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank