Neurology Community
Random thoughts almost cause me to blackout
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random thoughts almost cause me to blackout

Normally when I sleep at night, I tend to dream a lot and have an easy time remembering bits and pieces when I wake up.  The past week, out of nowhere a random scene from a dream will flash in my head.  It's usually something my mind made up, meaning I don't recognize the places or people.  Once this image flashes in my head it's like my mind goes into over drive trying to figure out if this scene/event actually exists or if I made it up.  In my head I say I don't care and think of something else, but my brain keeps trying to think harder to get more clarity of the picture that popped in my head.  The problem with all of this is when it happens, I suddenly get very nauseous, light headed, and come very close to blacking out.  Wednesday night as I was trying to go to sleep, it happened.  Thursday while I was sitting at my desk and Saturday I was sitting in the audience at a theater it happened again. The next few days I had a couple more episodes, and the latest was today when I was standing out in the yard playing with my dogs.  The only thing I can do during this time is take deep breaths and wait for it to pass.  The whole thing lasts about two minutes and when it's done, everything is back to normal. I am 27 years old, female, and relatively healthy (no disease, healthy weight, good diet and exercise).  Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?  I looked up panic attacks, but don't seem to match those symptoms.