Neurology Expert Forum
Rathke's Pouch Cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Rathke's Pouch Cyst
Posted By Debi C  on October 05, 1998 at 12:34:40:

A few years ago I had a pituitary tumor surgically removed. It was later identified as a Rathke's Pouch Cyst. I have been unable to locate any information on this type of tumor, even the Pituitary Tumor Network was unable to help. Is there any information you can give me on this? Is there anywhere I can go to locate information? Please let me know what the chance of reoccurance is. I understand that this is a rare tumor -how rare is it and how is it developed? Thank you for your help.
Debi