Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Acute sinus infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Re: Acute sinus infection

Posted By JOHN W. ROGERS on June 30, 1997 at 13:23:07:

In Reply to: Acute sinus infection  posted by JOHN W. ROGERS on June 29, 1997 at 02:24:24:

For 19 years  [1978 - present]  I have had a proplem with sinus infections. In 1992  I was having trouble with my short time memory, I could take a few steps to do something and forget why I took them, I was having trouble concenstrating. I even blacked out for about 30 seconds in a resturant while I was eating. I awoke as if from sleep. I was still fuctioning but not mentally there.This problem continued for about 6 months. Then I got a shot for another of my frequent sinus infections. Within a very few hours all these symptoms cleared up totally. I knew then that the sinus infection had somehow affected my brain. My head for the full 19 years has been super sensitive to breezes, dampness, coolness. So sensitive I have to sleep in a room at 80 degrees and I have to bundle my head up to keep it warm at all times. I have had many x-rays  of my sinuses and blood test but they never show anything. But it has to be infection because I have had sinus infections and antibiotics is the only thing that helps. I have not been able to work since 1988. The infections leave me with no energy at all. I have been recently told  I have cancer but the infection is what is wearing me out. I need to solve the infection problem. What do you suggest? Have you ever heard of anyone with a super sensitive head? I am now taking trimeth/sulfa but it isn't doing much. I am having head chills as I type this. I have been on the sulfa for about 3 weeks. I have been on it for 3 months previouly  but it did not solve the problem. This thing has really put a damper on my life for a lot of years. Any help you can give as to a solution will be greatly appreciated. I have wanted doctors here to look up in my sinus but so far they have not done so; I guess because the x-rays didn't show anything.
There is a good chance I will be coming to your clinic in the future. Which doctor should I make the appointment with when I call ?

1 Comment
A related discussion, Chronic sinus was started.