Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Alcohol

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Re: Alcohol

Subject: Re: Alcohol

Forum: The Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum

First let me say I am a social drinker, an occasional glass of wine. For the past several months,  within 5 minuites of taking a few sips of wine, I get severe pain throughout my shoulder, down my arms. Does this sound normal?  I also suffer from severe muscle cramps in the back of my neck into the base of my skull, everytime I lay down, more like a charlie horse.
Lynn

Dear Lynn:
Do alittle experiment for me.  Try a sip of another type of wine than you usually drink, let say a red if you drink a white (different label).  See if you get the same effect.  If you do, then try a beer lets say and see if the same thing happens.
If it doesn't occur with the different label wine or with beer than you having a mild reaction to something is the wine you usually drink.  That is my best guess.  I had the same effect when I was younger and drank the stuff that you unscrewed the top (I was poor and just needed alittle alcohol to wind down).  I hope this is the problem, let me know about our little experiment.  And no you can't deduct the cost of the wine and beer as a medical expense (only kidding).
Sincerely,
CCF Neuro[P] MD

Follow Ups:

Alcohol Lynn 4/14/1999
(6)

Re: Alcohol CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 4/14/1999
(5)

Alcohol Melinda 4/16/1999
(4)

Re: Alcohol Lynn 4/20/1999
(0)

Re: Alcohol CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 4/16/1999
(2)

Alcohol Lynn 4/24/1999
(1)

Re: Alcohol CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 4/25/1999
(0)