Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Atherosclerosis - Please respond to post of 4/18
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Atherosclerosis - Please respond to post of 4/18

Posted By kd on May 17, 1998 at 21:17:55:

In Reply to: Re: Atherosclerosis - Please respond to post of 4/18 posted by ccf neuro M.D.* on May 16, 1998 at 12:31:22:

Please respond to the post of 4/18.  I have atherosclerosis and want to know if it is probable that I will get altzheimer's disease.
Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello KS,
Unfortunately it appears that your post has vanished. I will contact our forum administrators and see if they can resurrect it and repost it.
The original post disappeared the day after I posted this one.  Essentially, it said that I have just been dxd with diffuse atherosclerosis.  I am 46.  Have had a number of TIAs in the past and have bad carotids.  My concern is whether or not altzheimer's disease automatically accompanies atherosclerosis.  (?)  Also, even if altzheimer's isn't inevitable, is demential?  I have a 9 year old with special needs.  
If you need more info, I'll be glad to give you more - but mostly I'm worried about my brain deep-sixing.
Thanks.