Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Corpuscollostomy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Corpuscollostomy

Posted By Bob Williamson on June 23, 1998 at 13:27:18:

In Reply to: Corpuscollostomy posted by Bob Williamson on June 23, 1998 at 13:23:36:

My 12 year old daughter had a partial (70%) corpus on 06/24/96.  We are surrently being trated at the EPi Care Center in Memphis by Georgia Montouis (5 years).  We have exhausted all drugs avavilable, all drug studies, and are now on Lamictal 400mg/day and SABRIL 250  in the am and 300 mg in the pm.  Ther are NO seizures during the day; only late at night 12-1 am  or upon waking and going the the bathroom.  If I can keep her in bed and not disturb sleep too much, and give the morning medication between 5:30-6:00am, and she goes back to sleep; most of the time there are no grand mal or ARS episodes.  We have begun having many gran mal seizures in the month of June.  Lat Thursday eveing there were two, Last Friday Morning there were two.  We had an appointment with Dr. Montouris on Friday, June 19.  We increased the medication to what I reported above.  Do you have any advice about averting the early morning seizures?  One other question;  Is there any research proving the relationship bewteen scars in the ear from "tubes" causing a seizure disorde?  Please help if you can.  A concerned Dad.