Neurology Expert Forum
Re: EEG results / slowing
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: EEG results / slowing

Posted By Lin on July 07, 1998 at 13:06:16:

In Reply to: Re: EEG  results   / slowing posted by CCF Neurology* on July 06, 1998 at 23:09:19:

what does this mean? a few years ago I was told I have early Alzheimers
I do believe this not only because of myself but because of what family members tell me I say and do. plus all the testing to rule out everything else. Recently I have been having what I believe to be MS simptoms . Pain, numbness,tingling ect.Do the results of the EEG have anything to do with either? If not what do they mean? (EEG was 1 week ago)
Thank you for your time.
                        Lin
Dear Lin,
"Slowing" on an EEG represents a diffuse process that causes a generalized slowing of the brain rhythems (which can be seen in dementia).  The pain, numbness, and tingling can also be caused by several reasons. You did not state your age, however, dementia frequently occurs in the elderly and MS does not typically present in the elderly. If you are confused about yur symptoms, I would recommend that you get an evaluation by a neurologist.  If you are interested in getting an appointment at CCF, call 1-800-CCF-CARE. Good Luck.