Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Tendon Lengthening
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Tendon Lengthening

Posted By Jeremy on October 29, 1998 at 12:41:04:

In Reply to: Re: Tendon Lengthening posted by CCF neuro MD MM on October 28, 1998 at 12:13:58:

I can not locate the attached reference.  Please indicate the author and I can contact
the Scripps Clinic.  Thank you for your help.
Tendon lengthening is a surgical procedure usually performed by orthopedic or plasic surgeons and is indicated in some cases of cerebral palsy. Each case is individual but the option does exist in some cases.
Your first step in exploring this option should be to consult an orthopedic surgeon to see if this is a viabl option in your particularproblem.
I have attached a reference which discusses the issue, you may even wish to contact the author at the Scripps Clinic where this work was done.
If you wish to contact the Cleveland Clinic Dept of Orthopedic Surgery the appointments number is
216/444-2606