Neurology Expert Forum
Re: Uncontrollable tongue movement

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Re: Uncontrollable tongue movement

Posted By Julia on October 30, 1998 at 05:40:13:

In Reply to: Uncontrollable tongue movement posted by Sandi H. on October 29, 1998 at 13:15:06:

Hello:  When I stick my tongue out it quivers.  The longer I stick it out the more violent the quivering becomes. Does this suggest a neurological problem?  I have neurological problems that are undiagnoses.  What should be investigated in light of this symptom?
I have a history of Lyme disease, Babesiosa, neck injury with discs bulging at C3 through C6.  Three discs are flattening out my spinal cord.
I have no tolerance for repetitive physical activity, walk with a shuffled gait, get dizzy and fall when I hyperextend my neck or tilt it to the right side.  When sitting still the scene changes on the television set make me duzzy to.
I have had muscle and nerve testing.  My whole right side was abnormal in the upper and lower extremity.  But the neurologist said he did not think it attributed to my symptoms.
I have been to 6 neurologists and when they look at my complicated case they say they don't know what to do for me and I don't see them again.  One neurologist saw me twice because I insisted on the muscle and nerve testing.  They seem content to just leave me in the condition I am in without further innvestigation.  I had an MRI of the neck and was told I was inoperable and that was the end of that.  I talked him into a brain MRI and it came back normal. I really wonder if they even know what they were looking for.  May be they have overlooked something.  
I would appreciate it if someone out there had some suggestions as to what should be investigated next so that I am not just left to rot in my wheelchair.  I just don't understand the attitude toward my case.  I guess they have enough patients that are not complicated and don't care to take on suh a complicated case.  I live in Colorado.  It seems to me if they don't know, then they should send me to some neurologic center that would know.  I've been to the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and they have not helped me at all.  They don't ask to see me back again either.
Thank you, Sandra H.

A related discussion, tardive dyskensia was started.