Neurology Expert Forum
Re: neurological symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Re: neurological symptoms

Posted By CCF Neurology MD on January 31, 1998 at 16:01:43:

In Reply to: neurological symptoms posted by tessa on January 29, 1998 at 14:12:47:

: i have had symptoms for 8 years, but no answers to them.  after the birth of
both of my children, i had episodes of blurred vision.  the first opthamologist
said there was some swelling of the optic nerve.  saw a neurologist who performed
an exam, ordered bloodwork and and MRI. All tests came back normal. after my
second child was born it happened again. I had the neuro. exam and MRI again
and it came back normal. I have had episodes of dizziness, weakness in the
legs (i can walk ok, but they feel weak) and numbness in face. the symptoms
are still there off and on, but not as bad as they initially were.  Could
my pregnancies have caused this or is it something else?
Thank you.
= Upon reading your history the differential diagnosis would be extremely long if we tried to address each sympton individually. However, when combining all the symptons together and that they occoured in relationship to your pregnancy , I would recommend that you discuss with both the opthalmologist and neurologist if your symptons could be secondary to a demylinating disorder (for example, multiple sclerosis).  If such a disorder has been ruled out to everyone's satisfaction, then there is little for you to do except to address each sympton with the appropiate specialist: Vision-Neuropthalmologist; Dizziness-Vestibular Specialist; and Weakness-Neuromuscular specialist. "This information is provided for general medical education pupose only. Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options of your specific medical condition."