Neurology Expert Forum
Re: restless leg syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Re: restless leg syndrome

Posted By Cindy on November 11, 1997 at 16:35:45:

In Reply to: restless leg syndrome posted by stacy on September 16, 1997 at 15:32:38:

My mother is currently taking neurontin for restless leg syndrome and this still seems to be giving
her little to no relief.  Is there anything else available for her or is
there somewhere where research is being done on this disease that we could contact?
Any help would be a welcome releif to the sleepless nights and pain she endures.  Thank you.
My mother has had this condition for many years and is extremely sensitive to all medication/even OTC products.  She tried many prescription drugs none of which helped and a few that even heightened and compounded the problem.  Finally , in regard to another problem she was given a prescription medication called "Restoril" (Ibelieve that is the correct spelling)
and that medication, and that alone, has basically relieved her symptoms and sleepless nights.  I don't know if it would help your mother...this is for information only...but it has been a Godsend for mine.  Good luck!