Recovery of C1 Fracture
Hello my name is Courtney and I am a 16 year old girl. I was in a car accident and I had a stable fracture of my c1 and no spinal damage. I was put into an Aspen neck brace for 6-12 weeks. I am almost at my thrid week and i have a few questions. I stopped taking all pain medication after 1 1/2 weeks because i have no pain. I am a very active person and competitive swimmer and waterpolo player. I want to know how long it would be until I am allowed to get into the water and do some light leg work? Also, I am a lifguard and want to start work again and for safety reasons I would be put on dispatch which is very light work. I would have no chance of having to save someone and I would only tell people when they were allowed to go down the slide. I would be sitting in a chair and under n umbrella. When would I be able to do these things? I want to start getting back into a routine.
You need to consult your physician who has been managing your care with this as NO ONE over the internet can or should answer this.  These are questions for YOUR physician.

All the best.