Red hands and feet
My hands and my feet started to get very red about 3 or 4 years ago for no apparent reason. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older. My hands and feet will get really hot and red. If I do any physical activity my hands and feet will turn very red and be very hot and I can feel the heat radiating off my hands and feet. If I am outside and the weather is hot and I am wearing flipflops my feet will get beat red and so will my hands. I dont feel any pain but it is uncomfortable because i can feel something happening in my feet and even my legs. If i take a hot shower my feet and legs become beat red and my legs get blue even and I dont know why. If I am walking in the mall the same thing will happen to my feet; they get very red and hot. Or even if I go outside in the cold and then come back inside my hands will get red and start to get really warm. I've been to the doctor about it and have taken several blood tests but nothing has shown up. If i raise my hands above my head the redness will dissapear in seconds and they are not as hot anymore, but if i leave my hands by my sides I can just feel the blood rushing to my hands and turn beat red. Also my hands and feet will be very cold in the winter and sometimes turn blue or even red when they are very cold. It has gotten worse this winter and I don't understand why it happens or what i can do. I think that could possibly be Raynauds but I dont think when my hands and feet get red and hot that that could be Raynauds. I have tried look it up on the internet, but I can't find anything on it or what it could possibly be. I dont do much physical activity which my doctor said could relate that and i also have fatigue which he also said could relate to that also. Does anyone know what this is?
OMG, that makes perfect sense. I've had this horrible cough for a long time and a few months ago the doctor said I have a walking pneumonia.I took the antib, felt a little better, but the cough is still there and my throat burns I am 32, and I, also,have red burning hands (top of my fingers mainly).They look like I got sunburned or even burned, but they are dry and cracked. Top of my toes gets red as well. My hands are always very cold, otherwise. And my feet as well. Extremely cold. I had a baby a year ago, and had gained a lot of weight. I'm just trying to report all the changes that happened in my life, hoping somene will finally be "I know what that is".I don't drink enough water, and do smoke and drink a glass of wine here and there. I'm going to have my doc check if I have strept. thx
IM NOT ALONE!!!! For around 3 years now- scince having my twins ive been getting more and more aggrevated by my red,purple, numb hands and feet! ive always had cold toes anyway but 2years ago i noticed it showing worse in the hot weather- where as i used to look forward to the warm sun geting to them- now im thinking ill be wearing shoes and not my flip-flops! i also had what girls at school would call "corned-beef legs" and wasnt the only one in that cold gymnasium with thin skin- but at least the summer warmed me up and i could wear a skirt with nice colour legs! now they dnt look so good -my knees are purple colur as well as my feet! ??? even a spry tan didnt work last yar and i worked in a beauty salon! whats going on!  
I have found the cure to this. I have had this problem for many years but not anymore.

My feet and hands would swell and turn red and even purple on their own. I observed that it happens randomly.

It is called edema which is water accumulation (and thus blood) in the body cells. It is due to EXCESSIVE SODIUM which you and I cant tolerate very well. Sodium prevents you from urinating and thus the liquids get trapped in the body.

Cure is: STRICTLY LIMIT YOUR SODIUM. Do not eat any table salt or any salty foods for a couple of days. This includes beans which are naturally high in sodium and you should see some promising results.

Give it a try. Anyone that has success with this let me know by messaging me or emailing me and SPREAD THE WORD.
hello - interesting idea - cutting out the salt !! shall give a try !. although i dont use salt for cooking - and i sweat out at curves -my exercise club -at least two times a week.. i dont over eat and i have active 4year old twins. Have read so many different ways to help - and i suppose everyone is different - do you know anything about Raynauds / reumatic /artheritic stuff matey?? my doc is useless -if you even get an appointment that is! AM OPEN TO ANY OPINION'S - from anyone atall .. about diet , changes , medication ANYTHING!!! THANKYOU!!!  
Thats what happens to me and 10 minutes later it disappires
I think it is weird that this condition and variation just showed up in two members of our family, myself with white, numb index finger mostly and a little bit of the middle finger next to it on my right hand. It suddenly occurred about 3  1/2 weeks ago one evening. I rubbed my hand and ithey came back to normal pink/beige color.  It didin't return that day.  A week or so later, again the right index finger turned numb and white.  I clapped my hands that time -- it took a while and more clapping but the color came back and numbness eventually left.  Then the next day again, same finger.  I was freaked.
Now in the morning as I drive to school, I am wearing gloves to avoid hands from getting cold because I connected this to hands getting cold because I couldn't think of any other reason. Frostbite? THen I read about Reynauds.  Will make an appointment.  BUT THE MOST odd thing, today I glanced down and noticed my 23 year old son's hands on the computer keyboard were bright red -- all fingers and tops of hands up to the palms and portions of the hand very warm to the touch.I asked him what happened to his hands, if he'd burned them in hot water. He didn't seem too concerned as if he was used to this.  How weird that we are both experiencing this at the same time??  Is this an environmental phenomenon?  How many people are experiencing this?  I'd never heard of these things 5 years ago. Do doctors have a clue? Are more people getting this? Are we poisoning ourselves?  I am creeped out.  
Have you gotten better from the Lyme?  I am suffering and scared.  Seeing LLMD but have red left hand and side.. See darker out of my left eye?  On lots of meds.  Just wanted to see how you are doing
My 12 year old daughter's nose turns beat red and you can actually feel heat rise from it. She gets teased at school because of it. Her hands and feet also get red and hot but not always at the same time. I'm trying to find a cause but most of the post are just hands and feet. its just random.
WOW.. I am 35.. I have Red Hands. Red Feet.. Red Ears.. and they are HOT! At times when I sleep I will sweat and temperatures bother me. Especially when they are warm. As a child I constantly had strep! I don't feel sick and only go to see a Dr. only when I am sick. I don't really care for western medicine, but know at times it is needed. Thank you for your post. I can most certainly see why the ears would be heated and of all when the arms are low and well your feet are to especially when walking why the blood flow would flow to these area's. And yes you can have step throat and not know. Heck I have had a few irritation in my throat and inner ears but no real fever or feeling of.. Oh No.. I think I may be sick. Thank you again for this. I think it's time to visit the Dr. Ugh.. Dr.'s don't care for most but
Think the chronic cough is link to Ra. Ra is a unique form of chronic arthritis that is associated with inflammation and destruction of the joints.
Let's put our heads together, compare notes, compare history and solved this         once and for all. As a team we can get better and faster results.

If the immune system is attacking the skin, we need to correct the immune  
system, nothing else once we figure how to do that, then everything should
be back to normal. we need to study how the immune system works, by google search or reading a book, watching videos on youtube, whatever it takes to solved this problem, we need to be their for our family.

I also have red hands but I notice when i don't eat a lot the redness goes away then i had pizza and the redness was back the next day.

Everyday when i get up my whole hands fall asleep, I begin to eat oatmeal
and my hands didn't  fall asleep no more so i stop eating oatmeal and they start to fall asleep again, at this point only my 2 small finger fall asleep not my whole hand so i guess it's a start. try it and post your results here.

I am telling you what i know and work for me not what i seen online, also if you read and tips to reduce it please let us know, i guess for now I'm going to stop eating salt see if that works for me.
I have this too!! My hands have always been a little more pink than other parts of my body, but it has been getting worse in the past several months. :/

It's really embarrassing and ugly. I have to hide my hands in public in my pockets or ball them up into fists so people won't see them.

I am 20 years old, a female, and I am not overweight. Medium build. I don't think it is Raynaud's. My hands DO get red, but it's not discoloration, it's the blood rushing to the tips. My mom says I have bad blood flow, but that can't just be it.

I'm going to try and take the advice of the users from above and stay away from: dairy products, sugar, and sodium. I should lower those intakes anyways. I am also having a teaspoon of Ed's Healing Honey every morning which is supposed to reduce inflammation and help the blood vessels.

I really hope it gets better.
Try ginger root, and omega-3, do you workout?
Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb and there has been much recent interest in its use for joint problems.
Thanks, I went and purchased a ginger supplement and hoping it helps.
My hands used to be red all the time, but there no long red, if u put your hands over your head you will notice the blood will rush down your arms, and your hands will be back to normal, but as soon as you put your hands down you will notice they will start to get red again, just try it to confirm if you have the same thing i had.
Hey guys, I am suffering to from red foot.When standing specially when driving and when sitting.Laying down for 10 min will relieve it.Specially afternoon this will go worse.I have a spinal cord tumor.I don't know if it is related.any feed back will be appreciated.thanks
So are you saying that you are working out, using ginger root and omega 3 and your hands are no longer red?
google Thoracic outlet syndrome, seem like this cause my hands to turn red, i lost tissue is most of my body, this is what i think. i had a Chronic cough, that cause me to have dead tissue in my lungs, causing cancel in my lungs...
i can't eat Greasy Food, cause it will cause trigger swelling  in my hands, not sure about sugar and salt, but i cut down on that as well. i know this will not solve the problem but it lease i keep it under controller were there is no more damage to my body... i also feel like there is something in my blood, like some kind of germ or something, but docs can't find nothing wrong with me. they told me i have no infection of any kinds, so that makes it hard cause how can they fix something they have no idea what i have, as for now, this thing is unknown, if they don't how i got it, that means that everything is open, god knows if i got this from a hand shake or drinking from someone drink, or so many other things, as for the kids that are 12 years old or younger, who knows if parents had this germ or what ever it is. i wanted to have one more baby, but not no more, cause i don't want my baby to come out unhealthy, if i find a cure, the first thing i'm  going to do is have a baby, until then factory is close, i have 2 daughters that i love very much!!!
sorry for the delay, but yea when i eat the right food, and workout like 45mins a day, that seems to help but its an everyday thing, i workout 5 times a week for 45 mins, and take ginger and omega-3, i know i'm still sick cause if i eat pizza my hands get very red... try to eat right to keep it in control...
thankyou very much for your advice on 'omega3' ! i bought them straight away- my hands were so much beter withinn a week -i swear- my wedding was much more comfortable!! its summer in england -so evevrything - body wise feels better [joints etc..] anyway but i definatly think them pills are helping! my hands still get red at the time of eating sometimes.. maybe to do with blood sugar levels ...dontknow - and they are still quite a different colour to my arm if ive eaten red meat the day before.. eg.. roast Lamb..
My main problem too tackle now is my red/purple bruised looking knees ?? although im wondering if that could be the fashion of wearing 'skinny jeans' for too long!! any suggestions on that - please be my guest['s] !
yeah! hi- im taking 'omega3' and im positive its making a difference! doing the same workout routine iv done for ages- but havnt tryd 'ginger' yet!! im going tommorow!
any idea weather this will help with my purple/blotchy knee's atall? or would that be wearing the skinny 's too long?? HELPPPPP!!!!!! my summer is RUINED BY knees'ssss!!!
Hi everyone,
I'm suffering from the same conditions. They developed when I hit puberty and have been progressively been getting worse up to this point, 5 years later. I am 19, male, eat healthy, have a low blood pressure, workout 6 days a week and am ethnic.
Hands go bright red in heat and below the heart, however when I raise my hands above my heart the color fades to how it is on the rest of my body. I have also noticed this in my feet. There is some delay returning color when hands are pressed and fingers ache after extreme cold exposure. Even as i type this my right hand is splotchy red and my left looks perfect (as I've been using it to prop up my head)
Now, to brass tax, I've seen a rheumatologist, which was a complete waste of my time and money as he just told me I have to deal with it or move to a warmer climate (easier said than done, buddy).
I've taken amlodopine, nipedifine, and more recently an oral nitrate which gave me horrible headaches. None of these worked and I've turned to vitamins. I'm currently on a mixture of:
- Vitamin D
- Fish oil (1500mg)
- Ginger, garlic (mix pill designed for cold hands)

And while I can say that in the past couple of days it has had a somewhat positive effect, it still isnt improving by much.
But I'm narrowing it down as I go, cold triggers a redish/purplish tint, heat triggers red hands (predominantly around the knuckle and thumb area), and its related to my circulation. If I have a low blood pressure then that means my heart struggles to move blood around my body right? But when I visited Greece last year my symptoms disappeared (except one day when it was very cold).
Lets unite people against this ******* of an ailment. Strength in numbers!!
I have this issue too that started when I moved to a colder place. I usually have cold feet/hands but physical activity like walking will now make my hands and feet beat red. They feel uncomfortably hot too but they're not painful. With the redness comes a strong sensation of my pulse in my hands and feet too :( I had several tests but results seem normal.
Hi! I have also same problem red hot hands and feet the only quick remedy as u have also experienced is to take a cold shower at least it gives relief for maybe an hour or so.. I also lie down with AC @ 22 Celsius with full fan blast and that takes of the heat and feel little normal. Most of the time I dip my feet in water and work. I have also tried the RE-BUILDER
( http://www.****.ca/ ) u might try that as it helped me initially.
check for different sites as there are 2 , 3 kinds of re-builders. Good luck an may God help us. Let me know if u have used it.
See this video http://www.****.com/
Hi i am 15 and have the same thing except they dont hurt and when im cold my hands turn blue my hands and feet are always cold and during physical activity turn beet red as well i cant feel them turning and they dont radiate heat no itching or swelling just raw red skin ive tried lotions but they take hours to effect my hands im thinking it might just be poor blood flow so im trying massaging my hands and feet when they turn red to try and get my blood to spread or even closing my eyes and breathing slowly to slow my heart rate its embarassing and i know i dont have a disease bc there is no pain if u found something pls contact me!
I have the exact same conditions as you!
I'm 19 as well, and my conditions started about 6-7 years ago when I hit puberty. As I was reading your comment I was agreeing with everything you said, and your display picture looks exactly like my hands too!
They go the exact shade of red when they're relaxed (at my sides, on my knees, etc) but they go normal once raised above my head. When it's cold they turn a mixture of red/blue/purple, and rubbing them helps the discoloration a bit, but not very much. I don't think its Raynauds as they've never once gone white. When I look at my palms and my fingers I can see slight 'spots' too. I'm fairly active, but I do eat a lot of sugary foods and drinks. I believe my hands are less red after exercising, but I cannot correlate sugar with the redness. When I shower they go very red, much more than usual, and if I look carefully enough I can see a patchy 'trail' leading up my arms, probably the affected veins/arteries. I've never seen a doctor about my problem, but my twin brother also has the same issues. Also, my other brother doesn't, so it seems like its a circulation problem. It may be hereditary if my brother and I both have it and my other brother doesn't, but I can't confirm.
It looks like ginger and Omega-3 help, but I've never taken supplements of either, so again, I cannot confirm.
Thanks for sharing, its a relief knowing I'm not the only one.
I got into some poison ivy in the yard recently and the doctor gave me some steroids to clear it up ever since my feet have been really turning red and itchy only at night it bothers me it is painful when I sit up it doesn't bother me as bad does anyone have any helpful information?  
Hi there,
  I don't know if you are still active on here, but I have the EXACT same symptoms and sometimes its starting to happen in my FACE... I am wondering if you found anything. I found it interesting that you mentioned Candida as my sister has always had issues with Candida/ autoimmune stuff (which increased when she turned 30-  I just turned 30 and now this awful redness has increased!). I would love to know if you've found anything that helps... Thanks and Happy New Year!
I am a 31 year old female, 5' 5" and 130lbs. I work out 6 days a week, I take no medication (not even birth control) beyond a daily multivitamin (with iron), and I watch what I eat (lean proteins, lots of fruits and veggies). I'm of Irish/French Canadian descent.

My hands and feet are usually pretty icy and dry, especially in the winter, and I do my best to keep them moisturized.  I find that during or immediately after eating (a meal, it doesn't seem to happen with just a snack), drinking coffee, or drinking alcohol, my face flushes crimson and my hands and feet turn bright red and hot. I even notice my feet swell sometimes. These effects usually go away within 30 minutes of eating and maybe an hour or so of drinking alcohol.  

I do get night sweats sometimes which don't necessarily correspond to the temperature of the room, and I think I probably suffer from a mild form of axillary hyperhidrosis.  

I've attributed these symptoms to dehydration (as when drinking alcohol), dry skin/poor circulation, and hormone fluctuations due to my menstrual cycle, but drinking lots of water or putting on lotion doesn't seem to alleviate my symptoms any more quickly and it happens at all different times during my cycle.

I'm intrigued by the Anti-Candida Diet mentioned in some of the posts.  Maybe I'll try that (although I'm generally against really restrictive diets).

I don't know. I'm sure that there are many different diagnoses with flushing of the face/hands/feet as a symptom.  

Good luck everyone, finding your "cure"!  And please do post if you try something and get some relief.
Hello All,
I'm a 40 yrs old, 5'4"  127lbs, predominately healthy. I've noticed over the pas year or two that I get very hot at night so I keep our A/C on all year around at 65. Recently I've noticed more changes and they have gotten worse over the past few months. So bad that I've become overly concerned. My hands and feet get red and swollen when hot at different times through out the day and when I shower or get in the tub. Mostly when there is a change in body temperature. It it extremely annoying, painful, uncomfortable, to wake up so hot and your hands and feet are so hot, red, and swollen! This happens often through out the day and night. When they are not red, hot swollen, they are cold and fingers are red and white and hurt to the cold. Feet cold at same time and dusky color with pinky toe being the darkest purple and each toe a little less purple as you get to the Big toe.  When they are hot and swollen they are very numb and tingly.  I just had blood work done and liver panel came back wacky and blood plasma level slightly high. One a side note I have cervical disc damage and had a discectomy C5-C6 area 5 years ago and recently having pain in back arm elbow fore arm and finger to associated DDD.  At each recent Dr visit I notice my BP was higher than it normally is and continued to be for 40 years of my life; from 120/80 to 132/80 to 138/80!
Is this all a coincidence or am I having enough noticeable symptoms now and what is wrong w/me?  Dr says 3 different issues, Raynauds, nerve issues due to cervical dd even though MRI showed not real change since last MRI stating stenosis, arthritis and DDD, and anxiety, depression and stress".....
I swear there's more to it?...
Do you ever have only one hand turn extremely red and hot, but the other stays cold and white?
I feel the same way.... I had a blood clot in the thoracic outlet in my arm, in dec I had to have my first rib removed which has not helped with my hand and feet
I think I solved what's going on, but problem no solved yet.
Has anyone over 10 years of red hands been tested for HIV??
  It seems like is a Virus in the blood.
Sorry for the late reply, but I just found this chat.  You might be experiencing what I had for several years and it could be your atlas is out.  The atlas is what cradles your skull and allows you to turn your head side to side, if that atlas is out, or slightly deviated, it will be pinching off your spinal column and you will not have full function to your entire body including your limbs (fingers, toes), it will also restrict blood flow to your brain and major organs.  I would suggest to find a NUCCA Dr. in your area to get proper adjustments to make you well again.  Migraines are also a sign of a misaligned altas  
Acrocynosis could be the cause in some of these posts. Its characterised by redness with a bluish tinge in the hands, feet and sometimes the nose and ears. Its possible that its the hands or feet only. Occurs more in people with a low BMI and in women. Symptoms are worse when exposed to cold weather and are greatly reduced when its warm. The discolouration will also go when you raise the affected area above your heart. Its a disorder that restricts blood flow in the region affected so you will also have cold hands or feet especially in cold weather. There's no cure however other than having cold reddish blue extremities in cold weather its not dangerous to your general health when it is the primary cause of the symptoms.
Could be acrocyanosis
my son is 2 years old and his hands get extremely hot and red on the palms of his hands. they used to be very soft to the touch but now they seem a lot rougher like they are callused. .. I'm going to make appointment with the doctor tomorrow does anyone have any suggestions as to what he might have because he is much younger than most of you have said... his symptoms have been going on for almost two weeks now and in the middle of the night he will scratch his hands almost obsessively, as if they are extremely itchy. if anyone has any suggestions please help me figure this out! Ps. I did have a cold just before his symptoms started showing up and I'm not sure if that might have anything to do with it...
I'm only 13 and I experience this problem everyday. I also get red hot ears a lot, and so does my dad, and we share a lot of back problems. Could that mean anything? Mine seems to act up especially in school, and since mine is old, it might be wood or dust, since thats what usually seems to cause mine.
I have had red hands for two or three years now. The color disappears when I raise them above my heart. Very embarrassing. This was a symptom I was told was Raynold's but I also recently found out I have a  cortisol hormone out of whack. I am not over weight and don't have the obvious signs of cortisol being out of balance. It might be worth checking it out and making sure it's not that.
Erythromelalgia i think I have this for real! But can it also go into spine? I cannot lie flat or sideways or i go numb in exremities and burn up my spine. My body acts like raynauds but i dont have raynauds. Who can i see for this? im beginning to lose use of my left arm and can now feel going into my right.  The burning burns so badly and bothers me so much when i lie down especialy. because of pressure. i can feel it into my head and around y heart too. Anybody can I talk to?
Looking to see if there is a link here.

I suffer from red hands/feet and also facial flushing.

I did take Accutane for months when I was 16 and remember looking back now my symptoms started after this course.

Anyone who has this with their hands or feet ever been on Accutane?
http://i58.tinypic.com/250jhht.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/5mnn8.jpg
Hi guguigi!
I totally relate to your symptoms. Have you found any answers or help?
Thanks!
Hi Lola7932! I share many of your symptoms... have you found any relief in the past few years? Thank you!
There is no blood test for Raynaud's. It is a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms.
Have you ever found an answer to what the cause is? I am experiencing the same symptoms - burning red hands and feet when in warm conditions. Also, if hands and feet are below my heart, they become red but if elevate it subsides. Please let me know if you have found any cause.
My family had a round worm problem from the back yard due to too many dog mess, how I found out it was effecting my red hands and feet was the Strongylodes round worm had infested my cars steering wheel and floor plus the house too. Look really good in your car and house do you see little white threads all over your steering wheel or kitchen floor, if so order Ivermectin pills through Canada pharmacy on line take for 1 week straight everyday for your weight, then take 1 a month for a year
Possibly Thread worm infection, Oder threw Canada pharmacy of Ivermectin and albenazole pills, you need two doses two weeks apart, then once every month, do cryotherapy on hands and feet
If you find out any answers, please let me know - because I have the exact same symptoms as you describe!
Me too
I have the same issues. I see a natro path. She has cleaned out my lymph and right now working on yeast and parasites. I have seen dramatic changes in these incidents and the  food allergies I have developed over the past few years. I take a strong probiotic called floratrex and I follow a strict candida diet. I believe that parasites and yeast are the cause of all these issues, only because I have experienced pretty scary symptoms, symptoms that made me think I was dying, and now I almost feel normal again! We as humans normally live in harmony with them but when they get out of control they are nasty! They plug up your lymph, invade your organs, exempt toxins that could be detrimental to your health in well being!
God dammit, I just wrote a loooong post, then when I had to sign up to post it, it dissapeared.
Long story short:
Look into cayenne pepper powder.
I used to have an extreme case of "gravity controls the blood flow to my hands" - temperature effects it alot, but even in normal temperature my hands would turn blue when held down - and I was not able to perform normally sexually(im a male). Cayenne pepper has improved my condition alot, I started 4-5 months ago, if it was 100% then it is now around 20%. The imrovement has been slow but steady.
I wont tell you that it will "cure" it, because I dont know if its possible to return to total normality yet - but I hope that the progress will continue.
I hope this message will find the right people, because I know how hard it can be.
God bless.