Neurology Community
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and ANA

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and ANA

Do you have any research or articles on patients with full body spread RSD and how the autonomic nervous system is affected?  My husband has full body spread RSD and has lots of things going on that his physicians can not explain.  The problems point to his Autonomic system not functioning correctly so I wonder if the RSD is affecting the ANA.  Please help.  The RSD is getting worse and worse thus the breathing, neck weakness, fatigue, heart rate irregularities, etc are getting worse.
-7 Comments Post a Comment
If you find any information about this I would be really interested to read it.  I have many things going on that can't be explained and the doctors are blaming my RSD on it!!  This includes fluid retention, tingling and burning on the feet, sides, arms, hands and wrists.  I also am having problems with my gastrointestional area, and now they have found a "lesion" in the middle of my liver, and the common bile duct is very dilated (much more that what it was before said the doctor)  This surprised me because no one told me in the first place that I ever had a problem with any dilated common bile duct and no one said there was a lesion in the middle of my liver last year that has doubled THIS year.  So now I have to do more tests.  I saw my cardiologist today who was puzzled about why he can't get this fluid off of me.  So he is sending me to a nephrologist so he can check up on my kidneys!!  However, my primary care doctor told me he never wanted me to see this nephrologist ever again because he gave me the wrong diagnosis.  I told my cardiologist today all about this, and he said "I dont' care what your primary care doctor said, I want you to see this guy because your most current blood work indicates that you need to be seen by a nephrologist!!  So, since my primary care doctor's office already called this nephrologist saying I would not be coming back to their office....ever.!   It puts me in a "pickle" as to how am I going to make as appointment with this supposedly great doctor without my regular doctor knowing.  I'm so sick of all of this.  Please have compassion for your husband.  I'm sure that you do.  You sound like you are a wonderful and kind woman.  But having RSD makes it impossible to look forward to the next day.  They are all alike, unless they are causing more pain.  This burning, stabbing, pain, that makes your skin turn a funny color and you have to take so many very high dose pain meds which makes you think that people are looking at you "funny."  This is not just a disease, it's a curse!!!  No one should ever end up with RSD.  Please tell your husband that from one full body RSD patient to another, my heart goes out to him.
Sincerely,
Lil Plum
   My sister has horrible RSD spread since being kicked in the R brachial plexus and R arm with multiple fractures 9/24/04.  She has developed sevre cardiac abnormalities inspite of a pacemaker. She has runs of v-tach, huge spikes in blood pressure(240/140), and has recently had 3 episodes of falling. She also has had return of severe migraines.
   She has a spinal stimulator which at first helped with the pain but is not helping the debilitating cardiac symptoms. We are in central Florida but cannot find anyone who even believes the story except for a place in Tampa which had no answers.
   I had heard of Clev.Clinic in Weston but have yet to hear from them.
Best wishes to you and your family This is really a hard disease.
Karen