Neurology Expert Forum
Refused help from workers comp insurance

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I had a l4-l5 fusion in august 2011 and now Sep. 2012 I am still in pain more pain than befor my operation.I don't know how much longer I can take this.Short intro.Spinal fusion in aug 2011 after that left leg pain,a diskogram found out that there was nerve damage from the operation.The fusion was completed 5 month after Op.My surgent suggested a spinal stimulater to help me with the pain,that was in March 2012 since then the insurance send me to 4 more doctors and all with the same result stimulator.But the insurance just wont respond.They send me 4 times to work and every time I had to go home after 4-5 hours of trying to work.I am about to shoot myself if the pain wont go away soon.I tried Hydrocodon and many other Narkotica wich wont do nothing or just for an  hour or so.Any idea what I can do to get what I need.? And yes I got a lawyer but he says the law does not give us the right to get what we need.He says that's the way it is in Georgia.!
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I cannot tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties.  Chronic back pain can be devastating, and is oftentimes very difficult to treat effectively.  If you have not already done so, I would recommend seeking the opinion of a pain management specialist.  They can work with you to optimize your medication regiment, and can also offer procedural interventions such nerve blocks to help manage your pain.  If this has already been tried, you may want to consider finding a chronic pain rehabilitation program that uses a multidisciplinary approach to treat severe cases of chronic pain.  These programs combine medical therapy with other modalities such as physical rehabilitation, biofeedback training, and relaxation therapy.  Many patients have great success with this comprehensive approach.  I hope you are able to find the resources that you need, and that you are able to achieve effective management of your pain.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.