Regarding my wifes back pain and X-RAY reports
HELLO EVERYBUDDY,
I Just visited this site and after reading of some posts ,inspired to ask a question if any buddy here can help me to understand my wife's spinal problem.
My Wfe age 38 , complaining for a back pain since last 5 years.Resently she consulted an Orthopedic Surgon in India and the Dr. Advised her an x-ray.the x-ray report is as given below.
X-RAY SPINE LITERAL VIEW:- there is E/O Midl reduction of IV Disc Space at L2 L3 Level and at L3,L4,L5,S1 Level Posterior Aspect;There is Mild SCLEROSIS and BIOCONCAVITY at Margins.There are Osteophytes at End corners.P/0 Chronic Degenerative Changes .
I am realy very very confused and very worried about my wife's health. whether her back pain is curable? what her x-ray report says? is any thing is going more worst ?and what precautions I / We have to take so the condition may not turn to more worse? if any buddy from the field of medicines , medical,surgery or orthopedic can help me out to understand the risk and guide me to save my wifes health will be highly oblidged. kindly reply/post.regards
First of all, the x-ray report is not appropriate to make a diagnosis. Your wife needs an MRI L1-L5, preferably a 3T MRI. I realize that may not be available in your area, but it is worth taking a trip. The report suggest chronic degenerative arthritis. Pain comes from nerves being squeezed. There are genetic reasons why some people have this problem, however there are also dietary and life-style factors. Avoiding all lifting, and when you have to life, lift appropriately. Avoid nightshades (eggplant etc.) because they are inflammatory. Take Calcium and D3 supplements. And after the MRI get a consult for an exercise specialist. Exercise and muscle tone are very important. A TENS device and transdermal lidocaine patches worn no more than 12 hours a day may help with the pain, as will acupuncture. Opiates don't help much because the pain comes from glial cell stimulation, which don't have opiate receptors.