Relief for Neck pain and disc bulges
I suffer from neck pain every day. Some days worse than others.  If I do any activity or work it is increased.  It is a burning sensation with pain and popping at times when I turn my head.  I also have numbness in my little finger and complete numbness of hand at night.  The neurosurgeon believes the hand symptoms are carpal tunnel after repeating an EMG.  I would like to understand my MRI reports so I may know why my doctor says they are not that bad.  I have tried meds, PT, traction, Injection, and even Chirpractic care.  Nothing has helped and it is to the point that if I do anything around the house, I am done for the day with increased pain and headaches.  I am looking for some advise as to what I may do to help my situation.  We had discussed a possible fusion prior to my last MRI, but I had to try other options first.  Would surgery be the answer?  I am concerned after reading some reports of more pain after having tried to fix the problem. I am unable to see the surgeon for a month due to his schedule and would appreciate some input.  Thanks.
________________________________________________________________________________
My MRI findings are as follows: (scans are 1 year and 4 months from each other)

1st MRI- C5-6 = There is moderate spondylosis w/disc space narrowing and desiccation. There is moderate right paracentral protrusion w/ some minimal osteophyte spurring, mildly impinging the right anterior cord. Foramina patent.

C6-7 = there is mild spondylosis, mild disc space narrowing and desiccation. There is a small right paracentral protrusion mildly impinging on the right anterior cord. No foraminal narrowing.

C7-T1 there are significant abnormalities.

IMPRESSION: Small right paracentral protrusions at C5-6 and C6-7 mildly impinging the right anterior cord at both levels. Foramina are patent throughout the cervical spine. No other abnormalities.
__________________________________________________________________________________
2nd MRI -C5-6 LEVEL = Mild diffuse bulging annulus w/superimposed small right paracentral disc protrusion which effaces the ventral subarachnoid space and abuts the anterior aspect of the cervical spinal cord. This results in mild to moderate central canal stenosis, a component which is likely congenital. Neural foramina patent bilaterally.

C6-7 = There is a mild diffuse bulging annulus with small to moderate central to right paracentral superimposed disc protrusion. This effaces the ventral subarachnoid space and abuts the anterior aspect of the cervical spinal cord resulting in moderate central canal stenosis, a component of which is likely congenital. The neural foramina are patent bilaterally.

C7-T1=There is a small to moderate sized left lateral disc osteophyte complex which effaces the ventral subarachnoid space resulting in mild narrowing of the left lateral recess as well as mild central canal stenosis, a component of which is likely congenital. There is associated narrowing of the left neural foramen.

IMPRESSION: Mild to moderate multilevel degenerative spondylosis, most severe at the C5-6 through C6-7/T1 levels, without evidence of cord compression, as above.