Remote infarct of right basal ganglia?
Hi.  I suffered a brain injury after being hit as a pedestrian and don't understood my Brain MRI report.
It's been 6 months and I still suffer from headaches, lack of sleep, confussion and feeling emotionally 'flat'.

Report states:  Several small nonenhacing foci of increased T2 signal throughout the supratenetorial white matter mainly in the frontal lobes with differential diagnosis.  Small remote infarct of the right basal ganglia/corona radiata.
Hello.

A remote infarct means an infarct which occurred long back. The remote infarct could actually be due to the accident. (infarct = area of dead cells)

Tentorium is a partition between the cerebrum and the cerebellum. It is a horizontal sheet of connective tissue. The MRI suggests that the foci of increased signal are above this tentorium (supratentorial), and they are in the white matter. Since these are mainly in the frontal lobe, they are causing the confusion.

The head injury had resulted in small arteries being disturbed and the blood supply lacking in those areas. It will take some time to recover from this.

Regards