Neurology Community
Right Arm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Right Arm

I have tingling and numbness in my right hand as well as it goes ice cold on me.  I have pain up my arm to my shoulder and sometimes it gives me a headache.  I have been to a neurologist and tested for carpal tunnel which was negative and am now in physical therapy to relax my neck and shoulder muscles.  This is not working either.  I am getting frustrated because the symptons and pain, tingling, numbness and cold are getting worse.  I also have these symptons on my left arm, but not as severe, I figured because I am right handed they are worse on my right side.  Can you suggest what avenue I can take next.  Thanks
Do you also notice any swelling in your right hand? My fiance is having the same type of symptoms. Numbness and tingling in his right arm from his shoulder to his hand, along with what he says is a crushing pain. He also looses color in his right hand as well. He was told he was having migraine headaches and it could be causing the numbness.
Hi, probably it is cervical spondylosis. “Cervical spondylosis results from chronic degeneration of the cervical spine including the cushions between the neck vertebrae (cervical disks) and joints between the bones of the cervical spine. There may be abnormal growths or "spurs" on the vertebrae (the bones of the spine).
These accumulated changes caused by degeneration can gradually compress one or more of the nerve roots. This can lead to increasing pain in the neck and arm, weakness, and changes in sensation. In advanced cases, the spinal cord becomes involved. This can affect not just the arms, but the legs as well”. Taken from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000436.htm

Investigations like MRI spine are done to rule out. Treatment involves physiotherapy, hot compressions, pain killers, cervical collar, and surgery in case of uncontrollable pain.
I was looking at a condition called Raynaud's phenomenon...take a look at it and see if you think that could be it? The numbness, tingling and cold go really good with the symptoms of it. Are you under a lot of stress or were you recently sick? Do you notice any color changes?