Neurology Expert Forum
Right Brain Syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Right Brain Syndrome
I am a psychotherapist.  One of my client's recently told me that her son had been diagnosed with "right brain syndrome" by a neurologist and she asked me if I could find out information about this.  I have surfed the net and asked some psychiatrist friends of mine, but I have not found anything other than an article about Semantic-pragmatic Disorder.  That article seems to indicate Autism and Aspergers Syndrome might be related.  Can you provide any information?  Thank you so much for your time.
Right hemisphere syndrome in the clinical context of children (there is a different one seen in adults with stroke/tumor that does not pertain to your question) is a developmental non-verbal learning disability that is thought to be associated with ADHD. Diagnostic criteria for this disorder include (as defined in a study by Gross-Tsur et al from the Journal of Learning Disabilities Feb 1995) 1.emotional and interpersonal difficulties 2.paralinguistic communication problems 3.impaired visuospatial skills, verbal IQ perf>perf IQ and verbal IQ>85 and either 4.dyscalculia or 5.neurological signs on the left side of the body. For further info here are some references besides the one mentioned above:

Acosta MT. Revista Neurologia Aug 2000, pp360-7.
Stefanatos GA, etal. Annals of NY Acadmey Sciences Jun 2001, pp172-95.
Landau YE et al. Harefuah Apr 1999, pp596-9
Hope that helps
I notice you said in an adult, your response would be different (if I recall the question correctly) In an adult, would a right thalamic hemorrhage, be somewhat similar?  Thank You