Right and Left Arm Muscle Weakness
Approximately six months ago I started experiencing right arm muscle weakness.  I had no strength to open jars or even lift a gallon of milk from the refrigerator.  It lasted intermitantly for about four months.  Never any tingling nor pain.  No recent accidents or any other reason for this problem.  Two days ago, I began experiencing left arm muscle weakness and found that I was unable to lift my left arm more than 45 degrees (perpendicular to my body) without some pain (4 on a scale of 1 to 10)  The muscle weakness to my right arm has also returned, however I can lift my right arm 45 degrees or higher without any pain or discomfort.  Do you have any suggestions as to a possible cause for these symptoms?  Thanks very much for your help.
Hi, Thank you very much for your questions; although it is quite difficult for me to give you a precise opinion here without being able to examine you, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your shoulder pain. Your symptoms could be suggestive of either some nerve injury or a pressure on the nerve due to the muscle spasms. Another possibility in your case could be damaged the soft-tissues such as muscles and ligaments if you are over-doing any shoulder exercises or lifting heavy weights. Since you have persistent pain, I would recommend you to see a neurologist who can evaluate the details of your case and could better determine the insight of your situation.  In addition, it will be best if you would also visit a physiotherapist to let him/her assess your back and shoulders.  Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query.  I will follow your suggestions and see a neurologist and physiotherapist.  Your input was very much appreciated.