Neurology Community
Right arm heaviness and tingling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Right arm heaviness and tingling

Hi,

I am having acute symptoms of my right arm.  It came on very suddenly, after a workout (pushups).  There was no pain, and I didn't notice until I stood up.  At first it felt like my arm was asleep, and I figured it would go away.  The tingling lessened within a few minutes (the upper portion is still tingling to the touch), but then everything from my wrist to shoulder began feeling heavy and weak and somewhat numb.  I should add: the numbness and tingling is only on the outside part of my rib, the inside (facing my ribs) feels normal, aside from heaviness.  It's been over an hour and it hasn't gone away or gotten better.  It feels a little bit worse, in fact.  I can still move it freely, but it just feels so strange.  And when I pick anything up, I feel like I'm going to drop it.

Could it just be a pinched nerve?

Thanks!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
oops...I meant to say the tingling and numbness is only on the outside part of my arm, the inside (facing my ribs) feels normal.
Blank
Well, it's the next morning and it hasn't gone away yet.  
Blank
This sounds like it could be a TIA (Transient Ischemic Stroke).  These are considered mini strokes with no lasting effects typically.  Symptoms range from numbness & tingling in any part of your body to losing control of your extremeites for 1-10 minutes.  I suggest you go straight to your emergency room via ambulance.  Ambulances get you in quicker and if this is a TIA or possible stroke you want to be seen STAT.  You will have many diagnostic tests :MRI's, CT Scans, doppler studies,echocardiograms.

I urge you to seek treatment asap.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank