Neurology Community
Right side tingling/numbness/burning

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Right side tingling/numbness/burning

Trying to figure out what's going on and wondering if someone with similiar experience can help me find the answer.  About 2 months ago I started having a stiff neck and shoulders and a week later my right shoulder started feeling sore- not like I injured my arm or shoulder, but more like deep in the muscle was sore. Soon after that soreness started, I began to feel numbness/heavyness down the same (right) arm and gradually started feeling tingling and numbness in my fingers of that arm.  The pinkie finger is the one that is really numb and the other fingers are more tingly.  The numbness in the arm lasted for a few days and from there it turned into a weakness feeling in my arm and I get a burning sensation in my forearm a lot, especially if I try to use my right arm to do anything- lifting or grabbing things, etc.  The more I use my right arm for everyday things, the more weak and heavy it feels.  My doctor suspected a pinched nerve in my neck and ordered an MRI of my CSPINE.  It came back normal.  

About 2 weeks after the symptoms with my neck started and about a week after my arm symptoms, I started feeling tingling/numbness in my right leg from my knee down, including my foot.  (from my knee up is totally fine and no back problems)  That numbness feeling gradually started to be a burning feeling and the tingling/numbness in my foot gradually has gotten worse... The feeling in my foot is strange... It's like I can't figure out what it feels like, sometimes it feels tingly, sometimes almost like it feels itchy, sometimes it feels like its burning, sometimes it feels like all of those at the same time.  It's a horrible annnoying feeling.  The problem with my numb/tingly foot has caused me problems walking.  When I put weight on that foot, my whole leg feels weak, like I cant support much weight onto that side.  I have been limping around at times, and going up and down stairs is not easy.

I have had 2 MRIs of my brain, 30 days apart, first one was normal and neurologist ordered another, havent gotten results back yet.  I have had an EMG on my leg, came back normal.  I have had bloodwork done to test for deficiencies, all came back normal.  My neurologist says I look good on paper and so far there is no answer for my symptoms.  I have tried physical therapy- that was the first time I started having any back pain, after physical therapy, so I have not continued it.  The physical therapist thinks my arm symptoms are from a problem with a disc in my neck- even though I told him my cpine MRI came back normal and he also could not explain how my leg could be affected by that disc problem.

My symptoms are not intense when I first wake up, it seems like they appear within a half hour after I wake up and stay with me all day long.  I have taken neurontin, lyrica, cymbalta.  neurontin helped the most but I have gained so much weight and especially after trying the lyrica, I have gained 20 lbs in a little over a month.  the cymbalta did nothing for me.  Some other symptoms I've had in the past few months are: vertigo - a few times, blurry vision at times- not constant, seeing things in my peripheral vision- sometimes flashes of light, sometimes I think I see a shadow of something moving and I turn to look and expect to see someone there, a few headaches and also a few times where I have been very sensitive to sounds.

My neurologist is trying to figure it out but I think he is running out of ideas for tests and he is now referring me to other doctors for other opinions, only problem with that is that it takes so long just to get a consultation.  I need help.  This problem has caused me to not be able to work (I'm not allowed to perform my duties while on medication)  and I cannot afford to wait months just to talk to another doctor.  I need to find an answer, I can't afford to lose my job.
Any surgeries or dental work prior to this?
Did you ever find the cause of your numbess?

I have very similiar symptoms, right arm, right leg, right side of my face...I've had MRI's, EMG tests blood tests etc with no answers found.