Neurology Community
Ringing and shooting pains in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ringing and shooting pains in head

I am a 35 year old female in good health usually, and i am at a bit of a loss with what to do now. In september 2010 I visited my GP as i was suffering from what i thought was an ear infection, I had terrible balance, my hearing was distorted, i had pain in my right ear, my face went numb and my speech went slurred. I was told that I had no ear infection, but could be the middle ear and given medication to stop me feeling dizzy. Days went by and most of the symptoms subsided but i was left with constant ringing in my ears and sometimes would hear an electric cracking sound across my head accompanied with a pulse sound like a heartbeat. I returned to a different GP with the ringing and recurrent headaches and muscle weakness to the right side and was told headaches were stress and prescribed a nasal spray for the ringing in my ears ( used it for 3 weeks and no change at all).

So i lived with the ringing in my head.

I then had a chest infection in December 2010 which resulted in a trip back to doctors for antibiotics, but due to extreme pain in my left side and chest with breathlessness i returned again, I was then diagnosed with costrachondritus.

Was still living with the ringing in my head.
In January I had another episode where i was off balance, right side of face went numb along with weakness in right arm and leg and problems swallowing, again symptoms subsided but was still left with the ringing in my head and cracking sounds but now extremely painful shooting pains through the top, side and back of my head followed by headache and stiffness.

Now i have been referred to ent and neurologist in March but finding it extremely hard to live my daily life, I have a constant dull headache which seems to radiate from behind my ear to the bottom of my skull, shooting pains through my head and limbs, I am extremely tired all the time, have weakness in my right side and pins and needles that make it difficult to sleep and the ringing is driving me crazy.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)