Ruptured Disc in C6-C7 with Stenosis
Make a long story short.  This happened in 2010 and I had no insurance. Now I do.  I have no pain, but an occassional headache and yes I still have pins and needles in right index finger along with slight same thing on back side of arm.  Hardly noticeable in arm though.  My question is for a doctor.  Is surgery something that you would consider with these symptoms now.  Nuerosurgeons seem to always jump to surgery, but then say as a last resort.  My issue is that I dont want to do this and cause any problems.  Most people tell me after waiting this long without surgery, I may always have this feeling in my arm and finger. Also, I forgot to point out that at the time of the injury I had absolutely no muscle tone in my back and arm.  I have now gained almost 95 percent of all muscle back to these areas.  What are your thoughts?  Sorry, if this is not written well, I am running late for work.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. A surgery is typically advised when there is acute neural compression or cases when neural compression is inevitable. It is not generally advised for mild-moderate cases and is unlikely to be helpful in chronic cases of neural compression or damage. It would be best to consult a neurologist at this time for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!