Aa
A
A
Close
Ruptured Disc in C6-C7 with Stenosis
Make a long story short.  This happened in 2010 and I had no insurance. Now I do.  I have no pain, but an occassional headache and yes I still have pins and needles in right index finger along with slight same thing on back side of arm.  Hardly noticeable in arm though.  My question is for a doctor.  Is surgery something that you would consider with these symptoms now.  Nuerosurgeons seem to always jump to surgery, but then say as a last resort.  My issue is that I dont want to do this and cause any problems.  Most people tell me after waiting this long without surgery, I may always have this feeling in my arm and finger. Also, I forgot to point out that at the time of the injury I had absolutely no muscle tone in my back and arm.  I have now gained almost 95 percent of all muscle back to these areas.  What are your thoughts?  Sorry, if this is not written well, I am running late for work.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. A surgery is typically advised when there is acute neural compression or cases when neural compression is inevitable. It is not generally advised for mild-moderate cases and is unlikely to be helpful in chronic cases of neural compression or damage. It would be best to consult a neurologist at this time for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources