Neurology Community
SEVERE LOWER BACK PAIN AND TINGLING DOWN LEG

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I HAVE SEVERE LOWER BACK PAIN AND TINGINLING DOWN MY LEFT LEG FOR A MONTH NOW HAD MRI SHOWS DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE L2-3 TO L-4-5 L5 IS TRANSITIONAL. THRE IS PROMINENCE OF THE LUMBAR LORDOSIS. SAW A NEUROLOGIST YESTERDAY AN DHE SAID SOMETING ABOUT FACET JOINTS AND INFLAMATION (inflammation).  NOT SURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BACK AN DWHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT. HE IS SUGGESTING POSSIBLY SHOTS AND HAVE EMG SCHEDULED
Hi, Thank you very much for your question. It sounds like slipped disc condition. In slipped disc or disc prolapse conditions symptoms may originate due to nerve root pressure, pressure on the spinal cord and pressure on the tail bone. Common symptoms could be paralysis of muscles, pain radiating to the arms or legs, leg pain and numbness, tingling, or weakness. Warning symptoms can include loss of control of the bladder function, numbness or pain at genital areas, paralysis & spasticity of both the legs. In addition, if you are suffering continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in leg, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this helps. Take Care & Stay Healthy!!!
i have contant pain in my buttocks and tingling radiating down my leg.  i cannot lift anything and it is difficult to walk.  I saw a neurologist and he said it might be inflammation in my facet joint where i have the transitional vertebrae. this all is very confusing for me and i am in terrible pain. is there anything else you can tell me

the mri did not say anything about the discs being affected
can you explain this to me in simple terms i have mental disabilities and do not understand many things and severe panic
I HAVE SEVERE MENTAL DISABILITIES AND NEED THINGS EXPLAINED TO ME IN SIMPLE ENGLISH CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME AGAIN.
i am in terrible pain and cannot sit or sleep i need an explanation in simple english as to what is going on with my back. i need to know why i have to go for an emg.  the neurologist i saw did not say anything about a slipped disc. can you please explain in simple englsh what is going on and waht i can do to relieve the pain
i cannot understand what you say. i need an explanation in simple english. please please explainh it to me. i am in terrible pain