Neurology Community
SEVERE MUSCLE PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

SEVERE MUSCLE PAIN

I am a 56 year old male that has had 5 episodes of SEVERE MUSCLE PAIN always in the left inner thigh area. The pain will come on at night very suddenly and will immediately result in instant sweating, very pale face and skin, shortness of breath, nausea, and temporary unconsciousness. It usually last anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes. The next morning, the muscle is very,very tender to touch, but is not sore or stiff when I move. I have seen doctors, and a neurologist for this concern to no avail. It happened last night and I am very concerned to go to sleep tonight as I don't care to have it happen again. Anyone out there have any ideas as to where I can get help.?
Avatar n tn
Description of your symptomatology suggests few diagnoses. Diabetes is one of them, causing similar symptoms in night after sleep. The single greatest problem with diabetes diagnosis is the failure to diagnose it. Rare diagnosis such as Cigutera poisoining can cause similar symptoms (Rare toxic food poisoning from eating contaminated fish).
Avatar n tn
My doctor has checked for diabetes, electrolytes and many other blood tests. As for toxic poisoning, I cannot tie the episodes with my diet at the time of the pain. I have had these pain for about 3 years, averaging 3 to 4 episodes per year. I have been told that I have a pinched nerve in my lower back, and also have peripheral neuropathy.  Can the pinched nerve cause this?  When it happens, I try to walk it off but get very light headed and fall to the floor.  I lie there out or semi-conscious untill I can get up and move around.  Is this my response to the severe pain or some other underlying problem?  
All I know, it's very scary when it happens and it stays in my memory for weeks after.  Then I consult my doctors and others for help. I really don't know what to do at this point, but pray it doesn't happen again.  In 2001, I had a radical prostatectomy, and the pain I experienced before and after does not compare to this.  
Avatar n tn
Please consult a diabetologist.It could well be a muscle rub aswell.If you are a smoker stop smoking as it can cause myalgia.Consult a neurophysician if pain persists a second opinion from a orthopaedician could help too.
Goodluck.