Neurology Community
SHOULDER, NECK AND HEAD PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

SHOULDER, NECK AND HEAD PAIN

I'VE HAVE PAIN THAT USUALLY STARTS IN MY SHOULDER AND GOES UP MY NECK  INTO THE BACK OF MY HEAD. IT USED TO BE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE NOW IT'S EVERYDAY ALMOST ALL DAY. IT NOW FEELS LIKE A SHOOTING PAIN GOES DOWN MY ARM TO MY ELBOW SOMETIMES TO MY WRIST. TODAY IT FELT SO BAD I WANTED TO CRY AND FELT SICK TO MY STOMACH. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Tags: Pain

Your symptoms are very suggestive of nerve entrapment in the cervical region or the shoulder region. This nerve impingement is causing symptoms like shooting pain in the arms and neck pain and head pain. This requires further evaluation by your GP. I would suggest you to get it done and in the meantime try doing gentle neck and shoulder exercises and take B complex vitamins. Good luck!