Neurology Expert Forum
SLEEP DEPRIVED
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SLEEP DEPRIVED

My brother is 60 years old.  He has not slept a full nights sleep for at least the last 2 months.  His wife has been keeping a journal.  He goes to bed and about a half hour later he is in a sleepwalking state.  He may be trying to put something together or he sees people in the house, or he may go to the kitchen and get something to eat or go to the bathroom.  His wife puts him back to bed and about a half hour later he is up again.  This happens all night long.
He was on mirapex for restless leg syndrome for about 4 years.  He has been taken off this now.  A 24 hour urine test has been done. But we do not have any results yet.  A psychiatrist put him on a sleeping pill and and a pill for anti psychotic.  Neither helped.  His Neurologist said he should be off these pills.  He ordered a sleep study.  My brother did not sleep during the sleep study.  The technician commented that he was very messed up.  We are waiting for the official test results.  The neurologist says he is stumped.  We need answers.  This is physically affecting his health.  During the day he is not alert, and is a little slow thinking.  Which I'm sure is from the sleep deprivation.  His wife took him back to a psychiatrist who has put him on a low dose memory pill and another anti psychotic.  I feel these are unnecessary.  If his sleep problem is straightened out this other issues will resolve,  Please help! His wife is ready to commit him!!
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...