Neurology Expert Forum
Safety of radiofrequency lesioning?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Safety of radiofrequency lesioning?

I was diagnosed with cervical facet syndrome due to chronic tension headaches. Symptom is a constant band of tightness & pressure in the forehead. Causes both Neuro & physiologic symptoms. Neuro MD & Pain MD at an academic hospital did multiple facet blocks in the neck. The results were hit or miss. Pain MD wants to perform radiofrequency lesioning under fluoroscopy on these facets to see if the results are more effective. Is radiofrequency lesioning efficacious & importantly safe? Are their side effects from literally "frying" a nerve (vertigo etc)? Are there any less invasive other treatment modalities for Cervicogenic headaches, given a plethora of medications & PT failed?
Bump, Is there an MD in the house?
Hey kim,  shaggy here (i lost the pw to my other account...brain fog you know)... I've discovered something that makes my head pressure worse,  flexing the spine backwards  (ie-  lay flat on your stomach and bend your head up, or rest on your elbows like you're watching TV on your bed...or work on something above your head..look up, with your arms above your head and spine flexed backwards)..and this all makes the pressure increase in my head...  Are you willing to be a guinea pig and try that to see if your'e worse?    I made a special trip to the neurologist to ask him about this and he thinks it is related to the mild degenerative changes in my spine seen on MRI and referred me to PT.   I'm not so sure , I wonder if somehow the CSF flow is being restricted in me.     Do you have symptoms like me?  how are you feeling now better or worse?
Ohhh I think they cherry pick questions in neuro these days...it looks like they probably won't answer anything over a week old  :(
Yes, Shag, the cat stretch seems to make it worse. I'm doing about the same, thanks. Still contemplating the RFL. What did the Neuro MD think of your osteoma? Did he mention cervical facet syndrome? PT wasn't helpful & the copays were expensive. However, ask if they do cranial sacral PT, which supposedly increases the CSF flow to the bain.

Beggars can't be choosers, but it seems like they answer the questions related to cconditions they're familar with & let the others slide into cyber obscurity.
Yello?
A related discussion, CCFMD, you in? was started.
A related discussion, radiofrequency lesioning was started.