Neurology Expert Forum
Safety of radiofrequency lesioning?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Safety of radiofrequency lesioning?

I was diagnosed with cervical facet syndrome due to chronic tension headaches. Symptom is a constant band of tightness & pressure in the forehead. Causes both Neuro & physiologic symptoms. Neuro MD & Pain MD at an academic hospital did multiple facet blocks in the neck. The results were hit or miss. Pain MD wants to perform radiofrequency lesioning under fluoroscopy on these facets to see if the results are more effective. Is radiofrequency lesioning efficacious & importantly safe? Are their side effects from literally "frying" a nerve (vertigo etc)? Are there any less invasive other treatment modalities for Cervicogenic headaches, given a plethora of medications & PT failed?
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
Bump, Is there an MD in the house?
Blank
Hey kim,  shaggy here (i lost the pw to my other account...brain fog you know)... I've discovered something that makes my head pressure worse,  flexing the spine backwards  (ie-  lay flat on your stomach and bend your head up, or rest on your elbows like you're watching TV on your bed...or work on something above your head..look up, with your arms above your head and spine flexed backwards)..and this all makes the pressure increase in my head...  Are you willing to be a guinea pig and try that to see if your'e worse?    I made a special trip to the neurologist to ask him about this and he thinks it is related to the mild degenerative changes in my spine seen on MRI and referred me to PT.   I'm not so sure , I wonder if somehow the CSF flow is being restricted in me.     Do you have symptoms like me?  how are you feeling now better or worse?
Blank
Ohhh I think they cherry pick questions in neuro these days...it looks like they probably won't answer anything over a week old  :(
Blank
Yes, Shag, the cat stretch seems to make it worse. I'm doing about the same, thanks. Still contemplating the RFL. What did the Neuro MD think of your osteoma? Did he mention cervical facet syndrome? PT wasn't helpful & the copays were expensive. However, ask if they do cranial sacral PT, which supposedly increases the CSF flow to the bain.

Beggars can't be choosers, but it seems like they answer the questions related to cconditions they're familar with & let the others slide into cyber obscurity.
Blank
Yello?
Blank
A related discussion, CCFMD, you in? was started.
Blank
A related discussion, radiofrequency lesioning was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank