Neurology Community
Scalp Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Scalp Pain

I have recurring pain in my scalp and I first started feeling it in my ears and throat. When the shooting pains started moving to the right side of my scalp, I though it was something to do with my nerves. I once had a similar issue on the other side of my head and the doctor said he believed it was a scalp pimple pushing down on a cluster of nerve endings. I think this is what's happening with me now, so I'm not too worried, but the pain is still excruciating, sometimes even when the wind blows on my hair. Anyone else with similar symptoms?

This discussion is related to sharp shooting scalp/head pain.
I have noticed that I have had something similar to yours.  Mine was more like a sore and it kinda hurt when I touched it or my hair moved the wrong way for it and it hurt.  But I have notice that the pain is gone.  But I also have to take pain pills so...........
I would suggest a Dermatologist for your head.  But the pain shooting across you head I would suggest contacting your family doctor and have him refer you to a NEUROPATHIC doctor.
Good Luck
Debbie
Thank you Debbie. So the pain and pimple went away, but now I have another small pimple in a different area and it seems to be affecting a larger area than just the pimple. I have not yet gone to a doctor, but may have to soon. This one isn't nearly as bad as the other time it happened, but it's still painful.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Inadequate eating can cause hypoglycemia and the resultant headache. Similarly lack of sleep can also aggravate headaches. I hope any visual defects have been ruled out. Headaches can be tension headaches, the commonest of the lot, the others are migrainous headaches, those caused due to brain disorders, disorders of the eyes , neck or ears to name a few. So, if they persist consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.