Scalp pain
I have been having a pinch (like two or three hairs being pulled out) pain in the exact same spot on the top left side of my scalp directly centered on my ear for about six weeks now. I have disc compression in my neck (several years now) on the left side. I have also been sleeping with earplugs (due to barracks life). The pain is momentary, and sort of feels like a bug sting. I have not been able to relate the occurences with any particular activity. It started shortly after I started back lifting weights. I have not lifted weights in several years. I have not seen any questions that seem to address this particular pain. It is kind of freaking me out.
I WOULD TO FREAK OUT    TO BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE  DEGENERATIVE DISC DIEASE  I HAVE FOR A LONG TIME HAVE YOUR DOCTOR DO A MRI ON YOUR NECK.
Have you looked up occipital neuralgia? Back in January I started having the same burning feeling on the top left side of my head, but also above my left eyebrow, and the back left side of my head, neck, and left shoulder. I finally went to a Neuro who diagnosed me with occipital neuralgia. I too, have a messed up neck with bone spurs, bulging disc that are pushing on the covering of my spinal cord, but not the actual cord. Anyway, I have been in horrid pain since Jan. I did have Botox and occipital nerve blocks which did help for a few months.
I have checked the data on the responses, thank you for them BTW, but they don't seem to be the case. I really have no headache or surface pain. The pain is more of a pricking sensation like a bug sting. The only reason I am concerned, is because it is in the EXACT same place every time.