Neurology Community
Scalp sensitivity

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Scalp sensitivity

I have some pain on the crown of my head, it gets bad at times and it is sensitive to touch even when I lie down or anything touches it. I also have pain in the ear on the right side, it also affects my eyes, pressure behind them. I have some pulling feeling in my neck and right shoulder when I turn my head at times....I feel two to three small lumps or they are vessels that are swollen either way...its painful and annoying at the same time. I have the feeling of brain fog, Its hard to explain typing this, would be better in person, with no insurance its tough to find out..but this has me concerned.  
Hello, I have the same problem, really sore scalp!! I have jaw, neck and shoulder pain too. The scalp pain is on the crown and I can feel what seems like swollen blood vessels on my head.

Any idea??
Is it like a burning sensation?  I have idiopathic neuropathy.  My doctor told me that this sensation on my scalp, which I have, too, is more of the same thing--just concentrated.  I take alpha lipoic acid, which helps reduce the severity of all the neuropathy.  It's a type of antioxidant.  Neurontin is also helpful, but I would try the alpha lipoic acid first, since I know it's safe.
I am having the exact same symptoms .  Did you ever find out what the cause was for them?