Neurology Community
Scalp tenderness, pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scalp tenderness, pain

Since about September/October of 2008 I have been experiencing this scalp tenderness/pain. First it was at the crown but has moved somewhat to the middle of my skull. It sometimes radiates and feels like a 'ring of fire' on top of my head. It bothers me worse when I am sitting and believe it or not worse in some areas of my house and car than others. I have talked with my PCP and he put me on Atarac 25 mg (1/2 pill up to 4x/day). I have had some anxiety regarding a diagnosis not related to my head (very early caught esophogeal cancer in Barretts Esophogus - been taken care of with an EMR and now following an aggressive surveillance with EGD's) That medicine was so strong, I could not take it. My dermotologist prescribed a topical liquid - hydrocort butyrate. It sometimes relieves the symptom but mostly not. I have been taking Zyrtec 10 mg in case it is some sort of allergen but that does not seem to work either.
I had gotten a new kitten when this all started and after I had her about a week or so I noticed fleas. I called the vet and we bathed her and put on flea powder and eventually when old enough Advantage. I have had a pest control company come out and assure me that I do not have fleas but at times I feel like something is biting me but why my scalp??? It does not affect anyone else who comes into my house. I get so emotional about it - I am at my wits end as what to do.
Can someone help??

Thanks.
Tags: scalp, head, Pain
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248