Neurology Community
Scapular pain/W numb right index finger

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Scapular pain/W numb right index finger

This started as a kind of knot just to the outer edge of my scapular bone.  First I thought it was just a kink and it would go away like they always do.  The following morning when I woke, I was lying on my stomach with my right arm above my head and under my pillow.  I could hardly move my arm.  Mild pain.  Later the knot feeling was much more intense so I had my girlfriend rub that area and it seamed to work.  A few hours later the finger became numb and the pain was about a 9 out of 10.  Not having any insurance I let it go for about a week before I went to a urgent care facility.  The doctor told me I had a upper back sprain and with some medication it should be gone in a couple of weeks.  He did not suggest keeping the arm and shoulder from moving, so I continued to work for the nxt two weeks.  The anti-inflammatories worked great, but now the pain has moved to my arm and wrist.  Today, actually, I will get these sharp mild pain in my neck and it radiates directly to my wrist.  Like a pulsing pain.  Finger is so numb I can hardly stand it.   Shoulder is much better with no scapular pain, but I still have absolutely no strength in that side of my body.  Should I go back to this doctor and ask for more meds or go straight to a specialist.