Neurology Expert Forum
Sciatic nerve pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sciatic nerve pain

Can an enlarge prostrate gland clause sciatic nerve pain?  I have a very enlarge prostrate gland and have been treated off and on with antibiotic for it.  I am currently having serve back/Sciatic nerve pain.  (I could not stand for two days) Is there any correlation between the two?
Related Discussions
Dear Sciatic Nerve and Prostate Gland:

The prostate gland sits near the base of the penis.  When enlarged it can cause pain and urine stream problems but usually not sciatic pain.  I guess if the prostate got huge and began to encompass the whole pelvis then it is possible.  But this would be very unlikely.  There is another mechanism, that of prostatic cancer metastic tumor to the lower spinal cord.  However, just an enlarged prostate would not cause sciatic pain.  I would investigate other possibilities.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, prostate  enlargment was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank