Neurology Community
Sciatica? and Shoulder Nerve pain?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sciatica? and Shoulder Nerve pain?

I was wondeirng if the following symptoms have to do with Nerve pain...

well, first I was thinking that maybe I had ALS..and then I really think it might be nerve pain. See, I carried a HEAVY laptop bag over one shoulder..and of course I'm putting pressure on my lower back and shoulder. I did it for like almost 3 months..and I stopped and switched to a rolling bag like 2 weeks ago. So the symptoms Im getting is pain in random parts of my leg..its like for like maybe 30 sec..its not a cramp..a cramp is when your muscle seizes and you can't relax it. But see, I can relax and flex my muslce is occuring in, and the pain still is there. Its like you can draw a line..where the pain is occuring. It occurs like in my inner thigh, and calve, my butt, above my knee, and hen, I will get twitches there as well and in my feet. The pains are just random. The same thing with my arm, it will be like pain ,in parts of my arm, and it wll be random. The pain will be like sort of like a small little shock..and then go away. I also twitch, which .kinda freaked me out..but I don't have any weakness...and the only time I trip is when I'm walking in the dark and can't see and I trip over a shoe hehe..But yeah..no weakness..but just pain..and then twitching...If anyone can tell me if they've ever experienced this..or if I'm drawing a right conclusion..or if these are cramps or if someone can tell me exactly what a cramp is...Any feedback would be Much appreciated:) thanks!!
I am also 23, male and in good shape
Sounds like sciatic neuropathy as far as the leg goes. I have some similar symptoms. My muscles in my leg always feel like I'm clenching them without trying,but when I  pay attention to it sometimes I can relax them.I also have the twitching in leg and toes.My foot is pulled inward and up and I can't move it,I also have severe atrophy of thigh muscles, which is believed to be from them never relaxing.The pain was unbearalbe until I started Neurotin and Baclofen. But your first step is seeing a neurologist and getting an EMG. Good Luck