Neurology Community
Scrotal pain after Inguinal hernia repair

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dear doctor,
                   I went through a open surgery for right inguinal hernia , also i had hydrocele at my right scrotum from my birth. So my doctor operated it too through needle aspiration. Now after 3 weeks , i have swelling and pain on left scrotum which decends down,but it has no fluids in it. It jus decends down and causes untolerable pain in and around left scrotum. What might be the reason for this and please help me to to proceed further.

Arjun
Hello Arjun.

Anything that descends down in the scrotum can be a hernia. I would recommend that you consult your Surgeon and get this new swelling examined. This will help you to figure out the nature of the swelling.

Regards
Dear doctor,

Thanks you very much for your response.The pain i felt went off the next day and it didn't reoccur and am feeling ok with it.I think i expressed in wrong way.Will it be due to post operative pain?? The thing is nothing decends down into my left scrotum.The problem is, right from my birth i use to have hydrocele on the my right scrotum and my left scrotum will be saggy. After right hernia repair and needle aspiration surgery on my right scrotum, now my right scrotum became normal but my left scrotum is little bit saggy than the right. I have noticed that even my left scrotum would be of normal shape and size in the morning and as the day proceeds it becomes little saggy.It didn't cause me any sort of pain normally. What would be the reason for this, will it cause any problems. And is this anything abnormal and need to worry for or it can be left as such.Please suggest me what to do.

Arjun
Dear doctor,

Kindy help me on the above said problem.

Archunan