Second Blood Patch Risks
Had a spinal tap done to look for bleeding, the next 6 days i had serious head aches. I could not stand or sit up with out  experiencing serious pain, doctor tried a caffeine iv that did nothing then so he called someone in to do a blood patch. The rest of the day i had no head ache but the next morning i had a minor one, it then turned into the same situation i was in before the blood patch. So My doctor told me to get another one. Is this the step i should take? any risks ill take getting a second blood patch? The only cause of the head ache is from the spinal tap leaking right? Im a 19 year old healthy male, i don't drink or smoke. No previous migraines or anything like that... Thank you for your time
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

CSF leak or spinal headache usually resolves within few days or week as many of the causes of leak go away on their own after a few days. Complete bed rest or blood patches for several days are usually recommended. Other treatments include bed rest, hydration, sodium benzoate, caffeine and steroids. Therefore, it will be best to consult a neurologist to find out the nature of headache in order to start the appropriate treatment. Hope this helps.