Aa
A
A
Close
Seizure For No Reason???
I am a 35 yr old woman with 2 kids. Last week, I had my first Grand Mal seizure. I was fine one minute (having a conversation with a friend) and the next, I'm waking up on the floor surrounded by paramedic. My seizure lasted about 5 minutes and when I woke up, I had a really hard time answering basic questions like "what year is it?" or "who's the president?"

They admitted me into the hospital and ran a whole bunch of tests including MRI (with and without contrast) and an EEG. They all came back normal.

The evening prior to this incident, I woke up at 11:45pm with a really bad headache on the back of my neck which radiated to my temples and eyes. I never fell back asleep. The neurologist at the hospital told me that lack of sleep can cause seizures. She also took me off of a new allergy medicine I had started about a month ago called "Allerx" and said that sometimes people can get seizures for no reason. huh!?

My question is..."how likely is it for someone my age to just randomly have a seizure due to lack of sleep?" I have suffered with sleep problems for about 5 years now, and have also been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm tired all the time, so why a seizure? Why NOW? I realize that you can't give me a definitive answer without seeing me, but do you agree with the fact that it could just be lack of sleep or would your guess be on something else?

thanks,
MC
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank