Seizure For No Reason???
I am a 35 yr old woman with 2 kids. Last week, I had my first Grand Mal seizure. I was fine one minute (having a conversation with a friend) and the next, I'm waking up on the floor surrounded by paramedic. My seizure lasted about 5 minutes and when I woke up, I had a really hard time answering basic questions like "what year is it?" or "who's the president?"

They admitted me into the hospital and ran a whole bunch of tests including MRI (with and without contrast) and an EEG. They all came back normal.

The evening prior to this incident, I woke up at 11:45pm with a really bad headache on the back of my neck which radiated to my temples and eyes. I never fell back asleep. The neurologist at the hospital told me that lack of sleep can cause seizures. She also took me off of a new allergy medicine I had started about a month ago called "Allerx" and said that sometimes people can get seizures for no reason. huh!?

My question is..."how likely is it for someone my age to just randomly have a seizure due to lack of sleep?" I have suffered with sleep problems for about 5 years now, and have also been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm tired all the time, so why a seizure? Why NOW? I realize that you can't give me a definitive answer without seeing me, but do you agree with the fact that it could just be lack of sleep or would your guess be on something else?

thanks,
MC