Neurology Community
Seizure or a panic attack? Please help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Seizure or a panic attack? Please help.

I was just playing a game on my pc and after forgetting what buttons do what for a while i had some sort of a confusion for some minutes and something that i don't know if seizure or panic attack, i started sweating and my body started itching all around like a hot flash, i did not shake/convulse/lose counciousness and i remember everything. Can a seizure present with such things and some confusion? I had no change in smells/ vision/ numbness, and i didn't zone out and stared like that, is it more likely to be an axiety atack? Now i have a headache in the back of my head where I usually get headaches due to stress/neck problems.

I'd also like to add that it was like a sensation of stinging passing down my arms (both side) together with the sweating, i'd also like to point out that my "confusion" was not not being aware where I am/what I'm doing, it was more like forgetting what 2 buttons do on my keyboard and then freaking out really bad. Thanks for any answers.

Most people I asked are saying it's panic attack becasue i have been very stressed lately, but i am just really worried and need to hear someone who actually has personal experience with seizures. 2 months ago I've had EEG/CT scan/MRI (without contrast) becasue i was so scared i have a brain tumor, and now all this happened and I'm reaaaally freaked out. Even if my neurologist says there is nothing of the sort and is 100% sure.
I am throwing out a possibility. In certain individuals, exposure to the flicker of a television or PC screen can induce a siezure. There is a test for this. They wire you up and expose your optic nerve to a variety of different flickers of different wavelengths and durations. The test is definitive.
Avatar n tn
That could happen only in people diagnosed with epilepsy already, what my question is... does this sound at all like a seizure? I had no loss of awareness as well, just the sudden sweating and the panicky feeling, I think the burning sensation down my arms was part of the sweating and the panick in a way, had no other symptoms except for a nausea that lasted exactly one second when i stood up after it.
Respectfully, you are confusing medical terms, including the requirement for the diagnosis of epilepsy, which is irrelevant. Your symptoms are typical of what is cdalled a petit mal seizure. Such siezures can be induced in a helicopter pilot (without a diagnosis of epilepsy) by the flickering of the sun through the helicopter blades. People have various genetic make-ups and some are more mprone to this than others.